I'm down with OPT - Other People's Trash is my Treasure

I have always been down with OTHER PEOPLES TRASH. I am still out there digging up games and toys. I thought recently that maybe I had hit a point where I would not know what to hunt for but the same themes keep coming up: fantasy rules, vintage is not always worth money, expensive toys generally are good resale items, and that videogame systems can sell when paired with classic or popular titles.

I have learned how to clean and fix old video game systems by watching YouTube videos. The original Nintendo is the easiest to fix because you can replace the 72 pin with a screwdriver.  No soldering required. The pin set is the part where you push the game cartridges in to the nes.  They are cheap on ebay and you can quickly take a flasing red nes system to a working nes. The trick is to clean the cartridges with a light mix of rubbing alcohol and water using qtips.  So, get out there and good hunting to you!

No comments: