From the "core" collection - The Six Million Dollar Man

How did I get to be a complete nut when it comes to collecting? It all started with the Six Million Dollar Man. I had one as a boy and my mom tossed out my entire toy collection when I finally decided to go away to college. That's another story, but when eBay really got going in the late '90's, I decided that I was going to try to find this toy again.

Well, that hunt for Steve Austin has since lead me to start collecting other toys and games. Oh yeah, I have built a massive Six Million Dollar Man collection from buying on ebay at glut listing times. You know, when there are 10 of the same item online. It's always best, when trying to compile a collection of one group of items like Six Million Dollar Man, that you remain patient and ONLY bid when there are lots of the same item that you desire.

Everything in the pictures on this post were picked up on eBay by buying either bulk lot auctions or individual auctions. The value on these items has increased over the past two years with some of the doubling in value. Of course, condition is everything but in a glut market on eBay that you get sometimes, you can really pick up bargains. I wanted items that I could display that didn't have to be in mint condition. I have a few mint items like the unopened Bionic Adventure Outfit for Steve, and I have an unopened set of Critical Assignment Arms. The best part is being able to display all of the Six Million Dollar Man toys. My wife hates them, but I love 'em! I guess that's why she thinks I'm nuts!

No comments: