FINALLY got a Colecovision!!

Well, I finally got a Colecovision system on eBay! I am giving up my Atari 5200 to keep the Colecovision. The Atari 5200 is really clunky, but it is one of the 4 port (4 controller ports) systems. By the time the Colecovision came out, I already had an Atari 2600 and my Dad was not interested in buying me another video game system!
 
 
The Colecovision had the better games because it went after "arcade quality" games, and Donkey Kong was the game that was packed in the system. Plus, Colecovision had the racing steering wheel and the really cool looking controller (see pic at right).
 
 
So, now as I begin my quest to fill out my colecovision system with games, I'll be on the lookout at the thrift stores and yard sales for coleco carts. Wikipedia has a great link to a list of games, and I was able to google up a list of the best games for the console. I plan to get the Smurfs game and I just bought Donkey Kong. I plan to buy the Super Action Controllers and the Steering Wheel controller.

No comments: